Pin Of The Week (7/17/15)

Hey, it's been a while! Sorry for the silence. I have been super busy these past few weeks getting ready for my son's 2nd birthday party (post about that coming later). I have totally been forgetting to do the Pin Of The Week for the last 2 or 3 Fridays now. I am back, things are much calmer and slower now and I have been taking the past week to enjoy it and relax. Well, try to, anyways. There's always stuff to do around here.

Anyways, this weeks pin is something that I found while google-ing (Google'ing? Googling? Googleing? Whatever, you know what I mean.) for something I could make with Vanilla Wafers. I picked them up at the store while shopping for party food and don't really know why or what for. I also happened to pick up some cool whip that I didn't need for anything either. Luckily, this recipe calls for both! The only other ingredient is chocolate candy bars, which I already had in the fridge!

http://themamasgirls.com/cool-whip-truffles/
This picture is from her blog. Mine did not look nearly this good, lol.

Ingredients:

2 – 4.25 oz. Symphony Bars (or other chocolate bars of your choice)
1 – regular size container of Cool Whip
1/3 – box crushed vanilla wafers
1 – 2.25 oz. pkg. pecan chips or finely chopped pecans (optional)

Now, she said to use 2 4.25 oz chocolate bars, but the dark chocolate Hershey Bars that I had on hand were only about 1.45 oz or somewhere around there. I believe I used 6 to get as close to that measurement as possible, but is there really such thing as too much chocolate?

She also used a double boiler to melt the chocolate (which I don't have), so I played it by ear and melted them in the microwave. I could not tell you how long it took, I just kept mixing them up and popping them back in there until it was all melted down.

It was pretty simple to make, but I didn't leave it in the fridge long enough because it was a last minute idea, so when I tried scooping it out it was very sticky and messy. I wish I had had more time because they would have been even better if I had done them right.

I didn't use any nuts on mine, I'm not sure what difference that would have made. I thought they were delicious, either way. Cool whip and chocolate mixed together is like a chocolate cloud from Heaven itself. I could've eaten just that without the vanilla wafers. They were pretty popular at the party (after everyone asked me what it was).

Have you ever made anything similar to this?